1. Palladio Herbal Foundation Primer: Love this foundation primer, it is basically a dupe for Smashbox Photo Finish Primer for considerably less than half the price. I use it myself and it is also in my Pro kit.
2. L'Oreal True Match Foundation: This item is a staple in my personal and Pro kit. A huge plus is that it has an extensive color selection. You can even choose a color by cool, warm or even neutral. It is not a heavy foundation but it is buildable.
3. Make Up Forever Mat Velvet +: Full coverage foundation without the full coverage feeling. Allows your skin to breath, a little goes a long way. A tad on the pricey side but very worth it.
4. Make Up Forever Camouflage Palette: Concealer palette with a variety of shades to meet your concealing needs all in one place. Very creamy and easy to apply, it does not crease or cake into those fine lines which is always a plus. Again a little on the pricey side but considering how little you need per application the palette will outlast many other products.
1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: Apply a very little amount onto lid before you apply any eyeshadow. Will allow your look to stay in tact just about all day and it will also help prevent creasing.
2. Urban Decay Naked Palette: 12 full size shadows that will flatter anyone. I would love to go on a rant about these palettes but I'm sure you have heard it all. Yes it's all true =)
3. Urban Decay Naked 2: 12 full size shadows I can't live without. Perfect for when I travel, this is the only palette I take.
4. Anastasia Brow Powder Duo: My go to brow powder. Comes with two shades for you to mix and match to get your perfect shade.
5. Anastasia Brow Fix: I apply this wax/gel after I have applied my brow powder. My brows are on the thicker side and this helps to keep them in place. It doesn't flake or leave a white cast on your brows.
1. Sephora Collection Long-Lasting 12 HR Wear Eye Liner: Amazing long lasting, non-flaking, matte black, and easy to apply. Love it.
2. Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid EyeLiner: Comes in a variety of colors. Very long lasting black liner.
3. Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara: Love this mascara makes my lashes look super long. Doesn't clump my lashes even after a applying a couple of coats and I have yet to experience any flaking. The best part is that after the coats have dried my lashes do not look dry. The formula is not thick or watery, it's in between and the it only gets better the more you use it. It has a curved plastic bristle wand that is perfect for separating lashes.
4. YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils: If you don't mind the higher price tag I highly recommend giving this mascara a try. It's like fake lashes in a tube for me! It comes in a few different colors and my favorite is in #5 burgundy. It contrasts with the color of my eyes. I love wearing it on days when I don't want to fuss with eyeshadow. I know it sounds weird and wearing color mascara may scare you off but give it a try and it may surprise you.
5. DUO Eyelash Adhesive: I have tried a variety of lash glues and this is the one I prefer. I have never had a bad reaction with it and it always keeps my lashes in place.
6. iEnvy by KISS False Lashes: My absolute fave lashes! I discovered these last year at THE MAKEUP SHOW CHICAGO thanks to my Makeup Artist friend Sarah Vsr. High quality with out the crazy expensive price tag. They manage to bring the drama with out looking fake. These are all I wear now and what I use on my clients. This is one of those industry secrets I mentioned at the beginning.
7. YSL Touche Éclat: This Eye brightener performs magic under your eyes on those days when you feel like you need 10 cups of coffee. Even when you don't feel like that this product adds and extra something that will complete your look and give you that, I slept like a baby fresh face look.
1. Orgasm, Albatross, Laguna Blush/bronzer Trio: 3 of NARS' most popular products in one compact what more can you ask for?
2. & 3. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush: In Dollface and Exposed long lasting and buildable. Wear is great even on more oily skin types.
4. MAC Cream Colour Base in Shell: Multi use product. My favorite way to use Shell is as a cheek highlight.
1.Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose SPF 15: My favorite lip treatment. Gives a bit of color while it moisturizes and protects your lips. Paraben and Sulfate free.
2. YSL VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY: More than a lip treatment and yet not quite a lipstick. It's almost like a very hydrating lip stain with vitamins and antioxidants. It allows me to get away with wearing red during the day =).
3. OCC Lip Tar: The first 3 shown above are part of the old packaging. Lip Tars what can I say? I love these things. This is another one of those industry secret products. Pro's have been raving about these so much that they have now been picked up by Sephora. I have been using these for years which is why I still have them in the old packaging. It takes a very little amount to get the job done. I have used this product on Brides in the morning after applying the rest of their makeup and they have come to me later and rave about how long it lasted. Not only will they last all day and one tube will last you forever, you can also blend them together to create your favorite color. My favorite is the 2nd one shown above in the color Stalker. It is the perfect red. There are dozens of ways to use this product. OCC Lip Tars are 100% Vegan and Cruelty Free.
1. MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder: Finishing powder to set your makeup. I have tried many and keep going back to this one. Doesn't give you an overly powdered look.
2. Skindinavia Finishing Spray: Best finishing spray out there! Will keep your face makeup and eyeshadow in place. Will keep you from feeling like your makeup is melting.
3. MAC Fix +: Great way to freshen up your makeup. Infused with vitamins and minerals.
4. Eminence Organics Sun Defense Minerals: My go to sun protection product. I love it so much I even use it on my daughter. You can brush it on your face and body and if you spritz water over it, it becomes waterproof. You can put it in your bag and use it to reapply throughout the day.
5. Palladio Rice Paper Blotting Tissues: On the go solution to oily skin.
What are some of your 2012 beauty favorites? Do you already own any of the products I mentioned? Did any of these products peek your interest?
Disclosure: No compensation was provided for this review. This blog is a means to share my thoughts and opinions.